It’s time to pull out your laptop and
learn to use WordPress.
Learn to use WordPress to build your own full-featured web site. You receive step-by-step instruction on getting started with WordPress and manage all aspects of your site, all by yourself! You also learn how to install and configure powerful themes and plug-ins to add a variety of useful features to your site.
In this 3-hour workshop, Kathy—in her laid-back style—takes the intimidation out of WordPress. You learn how to use WordPress in easy-to-understand pieces (because Kathy doesn’t speak geek).
Get your questions answered throughout the session.
Learn and practice:
• Using and customizing your dashboard.
• Creating and editing your posts and pages.
• Adding media: photos, artwork, videos and audio.
• Installing and setting up Kathy’s top ten plugins.
• Install and setting up widgets— with a look at some of the more popular ones.
• Using the power of links.
• Creating and using categories and tags.
• Creating customized menus for your navigation bar and sidebar.
• And more tips and tricks.
You can expect to…
Walk away with more confidence in the ability to control your WordPress website / blog yourself and make the most out of WordPress’s awesome features.
Enjoy a comfortable, efficient classroom setting with your own workspace for your laptop and reliable WiFi Internet connections at the Office Suites PLUS at Sterling Point/Perimeter.
NOTE: Please be prepared for this workshop by installing WordPress or using a free account on WordPress.com. Also, have a theme installed, or at least activate the default Twenty Eleven theme. (Important to know: You cannot add plugins to WordPress.com)
Contact me if you have any questions about preparing to learn WordPress.
Refund Policy: Payment is non-refundable. But you will receive full credit for a future workshop, online class or webinar. No expiration date.