Have you ever wished for a WordPress expert to take you by the hand and show you everything you need to know to create a compelling website?
No matter what problem is tripping you up — themes, plugins, widgets, customization or site installation — our WordPress from Start to Finish class will help you SPRINT over the learning curve to GET RESULTS.
Who Should Attend
- Business Owners or employees responsible for their company’s website.
- Graphic Designers looking to expand their service offerings by providing WordPress sites for clients.
- Web Professionals looking to save time by learning from WordPress super users and trainers.
- Busy Entrepreneurs who have started a new business and don’t have capital to pay someone to maintain their website
- Beginner WordPress Users who have installed WordPress but don’t know what to do next
A two-day event designed to launch your WordPress business website
Session 1 – Installing and Setting Up WordPress
- Understanding what you want your website to do for you
- Domains and hosting accounts
- Install WordPress using a one-click hosting install
- Manage your dashboard for the best results
- Understand your setting pages
- Work with user accounts
- Create a personal Gravatar
Session 2 – Creating Posts, Pages and Inserting Media
- The differences between posts and pages
- How to use categories and tags
- How to use the edit screen for post and pages
- How to create links
- How to insert photos
- How to embed video
- How to insert audio
Session 3 – Links, Widgets and Plugins
- Installing and setting up plugins
- Installing and setting up widgets
- The recommended, must-have plugins (and how to install them)
- Contact Form
Session 4 – Menus, Themes and Maintenance
- Managing and customizing menus
- Installing and working with themes
- Some of the most popular themes and their features
- Updating WordPress and plugin versions
- Creating backups of your website database and contents
Each session is three hours, with plenty of time for questions. To make sure you get the most out of the class, attendance is limited to 22 students. All classes are recorded and available online, so you can view them as many times as you want—at your convenience.
When / Where
Monday and Tuesday, June 3rd and 4th, 2013
2 FULL Days :: 9:00 AM til 4:00 PM
at Business Accelerators – near Town Center Mall
975 Cobb Place Blvd, Suite 101 Kennesaw, GA 30144 770.767.3600
What You Need to Bring
- WIFI-enabled laptop for hands-on training.
- Pen and Pad for notes.
The class requires competency with computers and web browsers. Also, this class requires access to WordPress on a self-hosted site — this does not mean a WordPress.com site. Before you arrive, we’ll make sure you have everything in place. We’ll guide you in purchasing only the hosting and/or domain names you need (approximate cost is $100/year), not what the vendors want you to buy. No other purchases are required. Just pay attention and get results. NOTE: All registrations are non-refundable. You will receive access to all videos, and if you wish to cancel, a credit will be given to you for a future class.
Who are these people who think they can get me to the next level????
What are you waiting for? More sales text to sell you on this?